Virginia Banks & Credit Unions That Don't Use ChexSystems
ChexSystems can make it hard for most people to open a bank account in their name. This system was established to screen and monitor people that want to open savings or checking accounts. However, one of the biggest side effects of this system is being unable to open your bank account—despite not having a shady track record. Fortunately, there are numerous bank accounts in Virginia that do not use this verification method.
In this article, we will teach you the pros, cons, recommendations, and summaries of the best banks in Virginia that don’t use ChexSystems.
If you have faced trouble getting a checking account in the past, that in no way means that you cannot be banked in the near future. There are many banks and credit unions in Virginia that don’t use ChexSystems and can help you rebuild your checking history.
While some banks have lenient eligibility requirements, others offer Second-Chance accounts with certain fees and limits to help you demonstrate your true ability to manage personal finances. We’ve compiled all of them for your convenience here.
Have you been trying to find some of the best financial institutions in Virginia with which to open a new checking account? Then read this comprehensive guide to get all details on the pros, cons, and recommendations of the best banks that don’t use ChexSystems in Virginia. Finding the best bank that does not use ChexSystems in Virginia is definitely made easy with the help of this ultimate guide.
Although Current is not a bank, but a financial technology company, they deserve to be on our list because they don’t use ChexSystems or analyze your credit report, and they have a lot to offer.
- Current offers up to $100 fee-free overdraft protection.
- Current debit-card users have access to 40K+ fee-free AllPoint ATMs.
- Current charges no hidden fees and does not have any minimum-balance requirements.
- Depositing cash will incur fees.
Why We Recommend: We recommend Current for all customers who want a debit card with rewards, who aim to fulfill all their banking needs using a banking app, and who want high savings rates, rather than low-limit Savings Pods.
Sable is another reputed option that permits users to open their bank account with a secured credit card or debit card in less than five minutes. Sable does not require any fees, credit checks, or minimum deposits.
- The Sable credit card offers 2% cashback on your favorite brands.
- Sable does not require a US credit history or social-security number to open an account.
- Sable offers multilingual customer support.
- Sable allows you to send money to 55+ countries.
- Sable does not offer any sign-up bonuses.
Why We Recommend: We recommend Sable because once you have used their secured card for four months, you will get an unsecured credit card. This is definitely a key factor that differentiates Sable from most traditional banks because it is 3X faster.
The Old Point National Bank of Phoebus
Another trusted bank in Virginia that uses the TeleCheck system, rather than ChexSystems, is Old Point National Bank. Old Point National Bank is a respectable medium-sized bank that offers both online and mobile services, thus helping their customers enjoy stress-free personal checking and a basic banking experience.
- Old Point National Bank offers extremely low fees and no monthly fee.
- Old Point National Bank offers easy access via their mobile and web apps.
- Old Point National Bank offers multiple banking products.
- Old Point National Bank offers live-chat customer service.
- Old Point National Bank has a non-competitive Savings rate.
- Old Point National Bank won’t refund out-of-network ATM charges.
Why We Recommend: We recommend Old Point National Bank to anyone in Virginia who wants a bank that doesn’t use ChexSystems for verification. Old Point National Bank offers above-average customer-service accessibility, a live-chat feature, mobile services, a fair savings rate, no monthly maintenance charge, the highest interest on deposits, and convenient access to your money.
Learn more about The Old Point National Bank of Phoebus
The Blue Grass Valley Bank
To open a bank account with Blue Grass Valley Bank, one of the best banks that doesn’t use ChexSystems in Virginia, all you need is a valid ID that says you live in either Monterey or Blue Grass, Virginia.
- Blue Grass Valley Bank charges no monthly fees.
- Opening a regular checking account requires a $20 minimum deposit.
- Blue Grass Valley Bank offers fewer benefits, as compared to other banks on this list.
Why We Recommend: We highly recommend Blue Grass Valley Bank because even though it is a small bank, it still keeps updated with all the modern-day banking features (e.g., online bill payment and online banking).
Learn more about The Blue Grass Valley Bank
Another reliable bank in Virginia that does not use ChexSystems is Chesapeake Bank. This bank offers above-average access to live chat and customer support. We definitely recommend choosing this traditional brick-and-mortar bank in Virginia to open your checking account.
- Chesapeake Bank offers access to service representatives at physical locations.
- Chesapeake Bank offers both online and offline services.
- Chesapeake Bank offers a fair savings rate.
- Chesapeake Bank refunds ATM fees.
- Chesapeake Bank offers a high interest rate on deposits.
- Chesapeake Bank’s fees are higher than the average bank.
Why We Recommend: We recommend Chesapeake Bank because it offers a good range of banking products (e.g., savings accounts, IRAs, CDs, and mortgages). Chesapeake Bank also provides easy access to your money. The only downside is the $5 monthly standard-product checking fee that they charge.
Learn more about Chesapeake Bank
Main Street Bank uses the TeleCheck verification system, rather than ChexSystems, to evaluating their new applications. Main Street Bank has branches throughout Northern Virginia (e.g., Herndon, McLean, Fairfax, Leesburg, and Clarendon).
- Main Street Bank offers live-chat customer service.
- Main Street Bank has a highly rated mobile app.
- Main Street Bank offers low fees.
- Main Street Bank refunds ATM fees.
- Main Street Bank has a non-competitive savings rate.
Why We Recommend: Main Street Bank is a popular medium-sized bank with an outstanding financial reputation. Main Street Bank has both an offline and online presence, and they offer a straightforward banking experience. To open your account, you will only have to pay a low fee, as compared to the national average, along with no monthly fees.
Learn more about MainStreet Bank
Pioneer Bank is a traditional brick-and-mortar bank that also uses the TeleCheck system. You can easily qualify for the TeleCheck system—despite having a record in ChexSystems. This medium-sized bank offers a low-cost checking account and has multiple branches.
- Pioneer Bank charges no monthly fees.
- Pioneer Bank offers top-rated customer service.
- Pioneer Bank offers a highly rated mobile app.
- Pioneer Bank’s interest rates aren’t competitive.
Why We Recommend: Overall, Pioneer Bank is a solid pick because they offer a fair savings rate, a wide range of products, significantly lower overdraft fees, and 11+ physical branches across the US with easy access to all their service representatives.
Learn more about Pioneer Bank
Benchmark Community Bank
Benchmark Community Bank is a medium-sized bank that does not use ChexSystems, as compared to many other banks in Virginia; therefore, you can certainly qualify for Benchmark Community Bank’s checking accounts.
- Benchmark Community Bank charges no monthly fees for their checking account.
- Benchmark Community Bank requires no minimum balance.
- Benchmark Community Bank requires no special qualifications.
- No live chat or 24-hour service options are available.
Why We Recommend: Overall, Benchmark Community Bank is a great choice because it offers a wide range of products, fair savings rates, high-interest-rate savings accounts, and convenient access to your money.
Learn more about Benchmark Community Bank
Carter Bank & Trust
Carter Bank and Trust also does not use ChexSystems verification. This means that you can easily qualify to open a checking account at Carter Bank and Trust in Virginia. Carter Bank and Trust has physical locations throughout Virginia.
- Carter Bank and Trust offers premium access to support representatives.
- Carter Bank and Trust offers a lifetime free-checking account.
- Carter Bank and Trust offers unlimited check writing.
- Carter Bank and Trust offers a free MasterCard debit card.
- Carter Bank and Trust has no mobile app or web app.
Why We Recommend: Overall, Carter Bank and Trust is a respectable bank that will certainly get the job done. Carter Bank and Trust offers a wide range of products (e.g., checking accounts, CDs, mortgages, IRAs, money-market accounts, savings accounts, etc.). Carter Bank and Trust will also help you earn the highest interest on your deposits
Learn more about Carter Bank & Trust
Let’s Wrap Up
Now that we have told you about the best banks that don’t use ChexSystems in Virginia, we want you to weigh all the pros, cons, and recommendations with open-mindedness and curiosity to select the right banking institution for you. We have included all the essential information you need to select the right bank to open your checking and/or savings account. Go through all the pros, cons, summaries, and recommendations and do thorough research on your part, as well, to select the best option. All the best!
See More Options in Your Area
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia