Arkansas Banks & Credit Unions That Don't Use ChexSystems
ChexSystems could be a challenge for some people. The banking agency collects and stores data about your financial and banking struggles, problems, and issues with most types of accounts (e.g., checking accounts). The report includes lots of data (e.g., involuntary account closures, unpaid negative balances, and overdrafts). Using the ATM too often is also considered to be negative. The agency stores all this data and makes it available to all banks and credit unions. They can use it to figure out whether you are eligible for a new savings or checking account. This is no problem for some people, but it can cause lots of issues for people who have struggled financially in the past.
Luckily, some banks in Arkansas avoid this agency, and your financial past will not affect their decisions.
Below are the best banks that don’t use ChexSystems in Arkansas.
Current is a fintech, and not an actual bank. It is a modern banking institution. However, it doesn’t rely on ChexSystems, and it comes with a bunch of benefits for the average individual.
- Current offers free online signup.
- Current offers free ATM withdrawals.
- Current offers points and cashback.
- Current charges no overdraft fees.
- Current’s automated savings will help you develop good financial habits.
- Current has limited overdraft protection.
The Bottom Line: Current will never charge you overdraft fees. Your debit card will have no minimum-balance requirements. There are many types of accounts you can choose from, and registration takes only minutes. Fees are low and transparent. Overall, Current only charges for international use of the card, and premium accounts. It allows fast payments—and even supplies access to a teen account!
You need less than 10 minutes to open an account with Sable. You can get a debit card and a credit card without going through a ChexSystems verification. Sable charges none of the most common fees out there; plus, there are no minimum-deposit requirements.
- Sable offers multiple types of accounts.
- Sable offers easy transfers, with help if you need it.
- Sable offers limitless transfers.
- Sable offers low fees and a bunch of incentives.
- Sable offers great exchange rates.
- International transfers to specific countries may face some restrictions.
The Bottom Line: Sable allows you to get a secured credit card and build your score within a few months, which is much faster than traditional banks. You will get cashback on some of the most popular brands. Overall, with the ability to send international payments, and the multilingual customer support, Sable is one of the best banks that don’t use ChexSystems in Arkansas.
BancorpSouth is suitable for those who love online banking, as well as those who don't have a good relationship with technology. Your account will come with a free app, debit card, credit card, and as many checks as you want, but the list of perks goes even further than that!
- BancorpSouth offers an intuitive and easy to use mobile application.
- BancorpSouth offers a mobile wallet.
- BancorpSouth offers direct deposits.
- BancorpSouth offers free budgeting tools to help with your finances.
- BancorpSouth makes it easy to apply for an account.
- Applications must be completed in person at one of the local BancorpSouth branches.
- BancorpSouth charges monthly fees for second chance checking accounts—regardless of your balance.
The Bottom Line: BancorpSouth comes with many benefits, and while it is modern, it still feels like a traditional bank. If you are not too good with technology, then you can always walk into a physical branch. There are lots of accounts to choose from, and the requirements and fees are minimal. Overall, BancorpSouth offers a wide array of services and options for each type of account—and they can even provide mortgage loans!
Learn more about BancorpSouth Bank
Bank OZK offers a wide variety of accounts, which makes it a great choice for those who want to start fresh after struggling financially in the past. There are a few fees, and some opening deposit requirements, but they are minimal, and they bring many perks with them.
- Bank OZK allows you to apply in person or online.
- Bank OZK offers a free business checking account.
- Bank OZK offers debit cards and paper checks.
- Bank OZK has minimal opening deposit requirements.
- Bank OZK offers lots of different accounts.
- Bank OZK’s interest is compounded monthly basis, instead of daily.
The Bottom Line: Bank OZK will not check your financial history. They do charge some monthly fees, but they are comparable to most banks at around $10. Once you have set up your account, you will gain access to a mobile wallet, debit card—and even overdraft protection! Additionally, you won't have to keep a minimum balance. Overall, Bank OZK has become a top player in Arkansas and the surrounding states, due to its reliability.
Any of the above-mentioned options are a good place to start, but the list is even longer than that!
Here are some other great options for banks that don’t use ChexSystems in Arkansas:
- BOK Financial
- Centennial Bank
- Diamond Bank
- First Service Bank
- Focus Bank
- Hope Community Credit Union
- Red River Credit Union
- Southern Bancorp
- River Valley Community Federal Credit Union
In conclusion, you can overcome the limitations associated with financial mistakes and bad decisions in the past. It happens to everyone. The above-mentioned banks will give you the opportunity to start fresh.
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia