Texas Banks & Credit Unions That Don't Use ChexSystems
Banks are essential institutions in our society; every individual is expected to have a bank when they reach adulthood because that is where most of your finances will go (e.g., savings, loans, mortgages, and business proceeds).
The need for a bank account is inevitable, both in our professional and personal lives, but what if you visited your bank one day and were told that you could not open another account because of your ChexSystems profile? You would have to look for alternatives.
Fortunately, this post will give you alternatives that do not reference ChexSystems to open accounts for new or returning customers.
ChexSystems is a credit-reporting agency that tracks consumer activity regarding deposits, savings, and closed accounts at credit unions and banks. Issues like bounced or returned checks will guarantee you a ChexSystems profile, but don’t worry; ChexSystems does not directly impact your credit score. It only inhibits you from opening new bank accounts.
However, there are alternatives. The following is a list of banks that will open a new account for you—even if you have a negative ChexSystems profile.
Chase Bank is one of the most reputable and popular banks in the country, with a retail presence in all 50 states. Your Chase Secure checking account will serve you in any corner of the country and internationally. Chase Bank does not use ChexSystems and offers customers one of the greatest banking experiences available.
- Offers cashier’s checks and money orders
- No opening deposit
- No ChexSystems or credit check
- Compatible with Zelle to send money, transfer funds, and deposit checks
- Chase Mobile App for both Android and iOS
- Immediate account approval
- No overdraft protection
- No paper checks
- High out-of-network ATM fee of $3-$5)
- $4.95 mandatory monthly service fee
Why We Recommend Chase Bank: The pros outweigh the cons; hence it is a dependable first choice. Chase Bank has a long history in American society, with a reliable rating among the Top 100 Banks in the United States. Its retail presence in all 50 states makes it stand out, and it is perfect for a business account. Be sure to check out the pros and cons and establish if the products offered by Chase Bank are what you need.
Learn more about Chase Bank
Acorns is a fintech and financial-services provider that was founded in 2012. Acorns partners with Lincoln Savings Bank to provide the Acorns Spend Account. Don’t let the young age of this organization fool you because they earned a place on the 2020 Fortune’s Impact 20 List!
Acorns offers checking and savings accounts and does not require ChexSystems to approve new accounts or report current ones. This bank specializes in robo-investing and micro-investing; therefore, if you’re a freelancer, a small-business owner, or you just want to grow your finances, then Acorns might be the best choice for you.
- No overdraft fees
- Minimum deposit is only $5
- Free bank-to-bank transfers
- FDIC-insured checking account with $250K+ fraud protection
- Free Visa debit card, ATM withdrawals, and mobile check deposits
- No ChexSystems or credit checks
- Invest spare change after rounding up debit-card purchases (i.e., robo-investing)
- $3-$5 checking account monthly fee (although this is covered with bonuses such as the ATM reimbursement)
- Required Pay fees to access your checking account
Why We Recommend Acorns: Acorns is an innovative solution for those who want to improve their finances. ChexSystems is not an issue with Acorns, and it is a great choice, as compared to the other financial institutions around the country. Acorns has great benefits and perks that make its members feel appreciated.
NETCU was founded in 1948; hence it has been around for almost 75 years. This longevity shows that this financial service puts the needs of its customers first. With nine branches around Texas, NETCU offers customers a checking account that requires TeleCheck, instead of ChexSystems. There is no substantial difference between a TeleCheck and ChexSystems, only that TeleCheck focuses on consumer information regarding bank accounts and checks.
- Credit union membership makes you an account owner
- With its social support system, it’s more of a club than a financial institution
- Instant loans at lower rates
- Opportunity to invest in your community
- Lack of extensive digital-banking resources.
- $100 initial deposit
- $10 monthly fee
- $50 pledge balance must always be in your account
- $5 fee for the debit card
- New accounts require a TeleCheck
Why We Recommend NETCU: NETCU is not a regular financial institution; it is more of a club membership, which explains the different fees you must pay to have an active account. Therefore, this product is suitable if you want instant loans. Also, if you love Texas, then this is one way you can contribute to its economic development, while benefitting financially.
Learn more about North East Texas Credit Union
In five minutes, you can open a Sable account with a secured credit card and debit card. A Sable account does not require any credit checks or ChexSystems. Sable does not require your credit history or Social Security Number. The best part is that it supports transfers to 50+ countries and provides customer support in many different languages.
- 1% cashback on purchases (e.g., Uber, Amazon, and Netflix)
- No annual fees
- No hidden, card-replacement, overdraft, or ATM fees
- No minimum-deposit requirement
- Offers a Zero-Liability Policy
- Small transfers incur high fees
- Your deposit amount is your spending limit
- Your deposit can only be made with a Sable bank account
Why We Recommend Sable: Sable offers flexibility to its users; additionally, it only takes five minutes to open an account. Sable has various perks to benefit its customers. This choice is best for you if you immediately need a bank account or if you enjoy using online products (e.g., Uber Eats, Spotify, or Whole Foods).
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia