Kansas Banks & Credit Unions That Don't Use ChexSystems
Have you been denied a bank account in Kansas because of ChexSystems? This article can help you. Let’s dive into the best banks that don’t use ChexSystems in Kansas.
This bank prides itself on being locally owned and operated. They have been serving the people of Western Kansas and Eastern Colorado for 100+ years.
However, you’ll need to get approved before you’re allowed to enjoy all the financial services that Bankwest of Kansas offers. To become a customer, you must have two means of identification. During this process, your ChexSystems record will not be checked. Once you have been approved, you are free to choose from several diverse checking accounts.
The simplest checking account you can open is a Prestige Prime account. It requires a $200 deposit to open, but you will not need to worry about maintaining a minimum balance because Bankwest of Kansas does not demand that you do so.
For the first 40 checks you use each month, you won’t have to pay any fees. However, if you go over 40, then you’re required to pay a token fee of $0.05 per check.
- This is a good option for those who want to avoid maintenance fees.
- This is a regional bank, and it offers great community banking services.
- Their wide range of products can only be enjoyed by those who live in the Western half of the United States.
Apart from being ranked as one of the Best Regional Banks of 2022 and making GOBankingRates’ list of the Top 100 Banks of 2022, it also boasts three branches in, Goodland, Colby, and St. Francis.
Learn more about BankWest of Kansas
The CIT Bank Savings Connect account is the best among banks that don’t use ChexSystems. Unlike many other non-ChexSystems accounts, the CIT Bank Savings Connect is also a high-yield savings account that can help grow your savings much faster than most other banks can.
Features and Benefits:
- Minimum balance requirement: $0
- Monthly maintenance fee: $0
- Monthly ATM charge reimbursements of up to $30
Why is it recommended for you?
Although CIT Bank has a relatively high minimum deposit ($100) to get started, it offers one of the best interest rates among online banks, and has no opening, monthly servicing, online transfer or incoming wire fees.Apply Now
If you’re looking for an exceptionally low minimum-deposit checking account, then look no further than Community Bank and Trust. It only takes $50 to open this checking account, and there is no minimum balance required. With no monthly fee and a free debit card, you can enjoy Community Bank and Trust’s Absolutely Free Checking Account, which is one of four different checking accounts available.
As one of the best banks that don’t use ChexSystems in Kansas, Community Bank and Trust offers no checking-account fees.
You can also enjoy other banking advantages with its online-banking services and a mobile-banking app, and you can also pay unlimited bills online.
If you want to open a checking account with Community Bank and Trust, then you’re expected to provide two means of identification. However, your profile will not be checked against any poor banking experiences in the past.
- This bank is channeled towards community needs.
- They offer low fees and better banking rates.
- Excellent customer-service support is guaranteed.
- They have only two physical locations in Galena and Riverton.
They have only a few ATMs.
Learn more about Community Bank and Trust
Current is a financial technology provider, not a physical bank, and as such, it does not have physical branches. It offers services to those who cannot get a bank account due to their ChexSystems report.
Current provides no overdraft fees, and they do not charge monthly or annual fee for their services on simple accounts. Furthermore, you get to use your Current debit card across 40K+ Fee-Free AllPoint ATMs.
Currently, Current does not charge you for overdrafts up to $100, and they offer 4% APY on Savings Pods. Their Premium Account offers paychecks via direct deposit two days early, and you can enjoy unlimited mobile-banking services.
Visit this link to access all the convenience that Current offers.
Rather than checking ChexSystems, Credit Union of America checks your credit report. They have a physical location with numerous branches in the Wichita area. They offer three different checking accounts: SimpleCheck, ConnectCheck, and ReserveCheck.
However, their accounts and benefits are tailored to specific requirements, and only those who meet them will be allowed membership.
To open an account with the Credit Union of America, you must:
- Live or work in Ford, Geary, Kingman, Kiowa, Lincoln, Lyon, Hodgeman, Harper, Harvey, or select other counties
- OR be a current member of the American Consumer Council
- OR have a family member who is a current member of the American Consumer Council
- OR be a retiree of any educational institute in Kansas.
Additionally, if you want to enjoy their monthly $5.95 fee waiver, you are required to have a direct-deposit account and up to a $5K loan balance, or a minimum combined credit of $1K.
- They are a small organization with a staff that is focused on customers and their needs, so they offer better customer-support services, as compared to commercial banks
- You are not only their customer; you are also a member, and as such, you’re entitled to voting rights and dividends
- Credit unions offer low or no fees and charges; therefore, it costs less to own and operate an account with a credit union, as compared to a commercial bank.
- Credit unions (e.g., the Credit Union of America) do not have many branches, and they have limited ATMs
- Their range of services is also limited.
Learn more about Credit Union of America Credit Union
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia